Home Lab Upgrades - Part 1
Home Lab vSphere
Published on 29 January 2016 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 135. Reading Time: 1 mins.
I have finally taken the first steps in upgrading my home lab and over the next few posts I’ll go through what I have purchased. I have started with just a single host so I can check all the components, some of which are not the on the official VMware HCL, actually work.
At a high level this includes:
- 1 x Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F Motherboard
- 1 x Intel Xeon E3 1275 V5 “skylake” (4C/8T)
- 4 x 16GB Crucial DDR4 EUDIMM
- 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (M.2)
- 1 x 400W Fanless PSU
- 1 x Micro ATX Cube Case
- 1 x Cisco SG200-20
- An Additional 2 x 3TB WD Red SAN drives for my Synology 1815+ NAS for NFS/iSCSI
If everything works together for the host, I’ll be quickly buying a second host.
Blog Categories: Home Lab vSphere