The main prerequisite information for installing the EPOPS agent is information required to populate the agent.properties file once installation is completed (but not started), this includes:
- IP or hostname of the vROps Server (
- SSL Port to be used (default is 443) (
- Account used to register the agent in vROps (
- Password for the Registration Account (
- The Certificate Thumbprint of the vROps Server (
- (optional) Agent Listen Port (default is 2144) if you are deploying VMware vRealize Hyperic as well (
Installing the EPOPS Agent (using RPM)
- Download the latest EPOPS Agent (vRealize-Endpoint-Operations-Management-Agent-x86-64-linux-6.2.0-3404388.rpm) from VMware.
- Use your favorite tool to copy the file into the /tmp folder.
- Log into the console and run
rpm -i /tmp/vRealize-Endpoint-Operations-Management-Agent-x86-64-linux-6.2.0-3404388.rpmto install the agent (I also found that
rpm -i /tmp/vRealize*.rpmworked.)
- Update the
agent.propertiesfile located at
/opt/vmware/epops-agent/conf/with the values for the following:
- Save the agent.properties file.
service epops-agent startto start the agent.
chkconfig epops-agent onto ensure the agent restarts on reboot.
- Logout of CentOS and go check to make sure the agent appears in VMware vRealize Operations!
Full details can be found on the VMware vRealize Suite Documentation site here