HOWTO: Deploy the Identity Appliance for vRealize Automation 6.x
VMware vRealize Automation VCAP6 VCAP6-CMA
Published on 10 January 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 251. Reading Time: 2 mins.
This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
Step by Step Instructions
Within the VMware vSphere Web Client, right click and select Deploy OVF Template.
Click Browse, navigate to the location of the Identity Appliance OVA, select it and then click Open.
Enter the Identity Appliance name into the the Name text field and then select the Datacentre or folder location to deploy the Identity Appliance.
Select the appropriate cluster, host or resource pool and then click Next.
Click Accept and then click Next.
Select the appropriate storage location and then click Next.
Choose the correct Port Group from the Destination Network dropdown and click Next.
Check the Enable SSH service in the appliance checkbox (this can be disabled later), enter the FQDN of the Identity Appliance into the Hostname text field and enter (then confirm) the root password in the Enter password and Confirm password text fields.
Click on Networking Properties to expand the options and scroll down to expose the new fields to complete.
Enter the IP Address(es) of the DNS Server(s) into the DNS Text field, enter the gateway address into the Default Gateway field, enter the Appliance IP Address into the Network 1 IP Address text field and finally add the Netmask into the Network 1 Netmask text field.
Review the configuration information and then Click Finish to deploy the Identity Appliance.
- HOWTO: Configure the VMware Identity Appliance for vRealize Automation 6.x ()
- HOWTO: Deploy the VMware vRealize Automation 6.x Appliance (OVA) ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 3.2:- Deploy and Manage Certificates and Access Control ()
- Achievement Unlocked: VMware Certified Implementation Expert 6: Data Center Virtualization ()
- Achievement Unlocked: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Design ()