This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
- Deployment of vRealize Automation 6.x
- Configuration of Infrastructure Administrators
- Deployment of vRealize Automation IaaS Proxy Agent Server for vSphere.
Navigate to the Default Tenant vRealize Automation Portal (https://vra.fqdn/vcac).
Login with the Infrastructure Admin account.
Click Endpoints > Endpoints.
Click New Endpoint > Virtual > vSphere (vCenter)
Enter the following information:
- The name of the vSphere endpoint into the Name text box – This must be the same as the name used when deploying the Agent Service.
- (optional) Brief description of the endpoint into the Description text field.
- The FQDN of the vCenter Server in the Address text field (https://vcenter.fqdn/sdk)
For the Credentials, click …
Ensure Integrated is highlighted and click OK.
Note: There is one thing that you should be aware of. When you create an Endpoint, and you are selecting the Credentials to use, you can actually choose to select the Integrated credentials rather than a specific Credential that has been created. The Integrated credential, is the Service Account being used to run the VMware vCloud Automation Center Agent – <agentname> Service associated with the Endpoint.
Note: You now need to start the VMware vCloud Automation Center Agent – <agent name> Service on the Agent Server (distributed install) or IaaS Server (minimal install).