This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
In this post I will be covering how to install the vRealize Automation IaaS 6.x Database separately from the other IaaS components using the IaaS Installer.
This is not something I normally do in isolation, but I wanted to show it is possible. Normally, I install the database when I install the Primary Web Component (Large) or both Primary Web and Manager Service component (Medium) in a Distributed installation.
- Deploy and configure a supported SSO Solution.
- Deploy and configure a supported vRA Appliance solution (HOWTO).
- Deploy and configure a Microsoft SQL Server Database Instance (HA if required)
- (optional) Deploy two Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machines (SPEC).
- Configure the VMware vRealize Automation IaaS Prerequisites (HOWTO).
- Configure a Load Balanced VIP for the vRA IaaS Web Service (DOC).
- Download the IaaS Installer from the vRealize Automation Virtual Appliance.
- Run the IaaS Installation Wizard to install the IaaS database.
Step by Step Instructions
Download the IaaS Installer from the vRealize Automation Virtual Appliance.
Run the IaaS Installation Wizard to install the IaaS database.
Log into the server as the vRealize Automation Service Account.
Locate the IaaS Installer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and right-click and select Run as Administrator.
If prompted by a User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
Check the I accept the terms in the license agreement checkbox and click Next.
Enter the root credentials (Username and Password) of the vRealize Automation Appliance (where you downloaded this IaaS installer from) and check the Accept Certificate checkbox.
Select Custom Install and then select IaaS Server.
If required/desired click Change to change the Root Install Location and click Next.
Note: This is the root install location of the management agent installed locally rather than the SQL Server database.
Check the Database checkbox.
Enter the name (and if required instance) of the SQL Server into the Database instance text box, enter the name of the database into the Database Name text box.
Click Install and then wait for the installation to complete.
Uncheck the Guide me through the initial system configuration checkbox and click Finish.
There we have the installation of vRealize Automation 6.x IaaS Database!