This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
In this post we are covering the configuration of the Advanced Services Endpoint for Active Directory.
- A fully deployed vRealize Automation implementation.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Once you have created an AD Endpoint it cannot be deleted, only updated.
Navigate to and Log into the vRealize Automation Tenant Portal as a user with the Tenant Administration role assigned.
Navigate to Administration > Orchestration Configuration > Endpoints.
Select Active Directory from the Plug-in dropdown.
Enter the Name of the Endpoint and (optionally) a description.
Note: You can only point the Endpoint to a single AD server.
Enter the following information under Active Directory Server:
- Enter dc-name.fqdn into the Active Directory host IP/URL text box.
- Enter 3268 (GC) or 389 (no-GC) into the Port text box.
- Enter dc=domain,dc=com into the Root text box.
- (optionally) Select Yes from the Use SSL dropdown.
- (optionally) Enter @domain.com into the Default domain text box.
Enter the credentials for the user account to be used to access Active Directory.
And there you have it.