Skills and Abilities
Objective 2.2 – Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
- Add Layer 2 Bridging
- Connect Layer 2 Bridging to the appropriate distributed virtual port group
The following prerequisites are assumed for this Objective:
- A working VMware vSphere 6.x environment.
- A working VMware NSX 6.x environment.
The following prerequisites are for Layer 2 Bridging.
- An NSX logical router must be deployed in your environment.
- You cannot use a universal logical router to configure bridging, and you cannot add a bridge to a universal logical switch.
Add Layer 2 Bridging
Note: These steps assume you are not even logged into vCenter Server. Skip the first few steps if you are!
Using your favourite web browser, navigate to the vCenter Server login page (https://vcenter.fqdn).
Enter appropriate User name and Password and click Login.
Select the target Logical Switch.
Connect Layer 2 Bridging to the appropriate distributed virtual port group
Covered in the steps above .