In this really short blog post we’re going to be showing the step by step process of upgrading your existing deploy of VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager (vRSLCM) to the latest version (which at the time of writing is v2.1).
Why upgrade to vRSLCM 2.1?
- You can now manage the lifecycle of a VMware Identity Manager provider (i.e. change the vIDM configuration settings!)
- You can now remove single components/applications from a deployment without having to delete the whole deployment.
- You can now define product level certificates for vRealize Automation (i.e. separate IaaS Web and IaaS Manager certificates).
Full release notes for VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.1 can be found here.
- A deployed and working version of vRSLCM prior v2.1
- An internet connection to enable the download of the upgrade.
Note: Make sure you have a VM-level snapshot before you start the upgrade process so you can roll back if it fails.
Step by Step Upgrade Instructions
Open a browser and navigate to https://<vrslcm.fqdn>.
Log into vRSLCM using either using the default administration account (admin@localhost) or select VMware Identity Manager from the drop down.
Enter the username and password of a user with the LCM Admin role assigned and click Sign-In.
Click Check Upgrades.
Click Install Upgrade.
Once the upgrade has completed, click Reboot.
If prompted with the warning, check to confirm it is OK to reboot and then click Yes.
Note: You may notice no changes in the UI straight away, so refresh the browser window and log in again if necessary.
Navigate to Settings > System Administration > Update and confirm the upgrade has taken place.
Note: the changes in Settings UI from v2.0 to v2.1
And that is all there is to it!