Achievement Unlocked - VMware Certified Advanced Professional 7 - Cloud Management & Automation Design
VCAP7 VCAP7-CMA VMware vRA vRealize
Published on 15 September 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 460. Reading Time: 3 mins.
I am working away a lot at the moment in Paris, so this week was going to be one of the only opportunities I’m going to get to take exams before Christmas (scary fact - there is only 100 days left!) . So, after a jam packed 4 days at VMworld, I decided to end my week by taking the newly released VMware Certified Advanced Professional 7 - Cloud Management and Automation Design (3V0-732) exam.
How did I prepare?
Well in short, I didn’t.
Among other interesting things, my job consists of designing and deploying VMware vRealize Automation solutions for our customers. So, after reading the exam blueprint, I decided to try the exam without actually studying. “Am I mad?” I can here you all shout, well no I’m not. As I had a voucher, the exam attempt wasn’t actually going to cost me anything so if I didn’t pass, at least I would have an idea of what the new VCAP7 exams were like.
As you will have guessed form the title, I’m grateful to say that I passed!
What about the new format?
For me, the new format VCAP7 exams was a marked increase in difficulty from the VCAP6-CMA design exam. Gone were the picture/diagram questions (which had already been communicated) and the vast majority of questions were in the multi-choice/selection variety. I actually found the exam a bit monotonous and there was very little to break up the 60 multiple choice questions. Maybe it was just the pool of questions I had or maybe it was the fact I was tired after VMworld!
There was the odd missing letter, the odd spelling mistake, in some questions I didn’t agree with any of the answers (and had to choose the least worse option) and to be honest I found about 3-4 of the questions difficult to comprehend what was being asked.
So, what is next?
Well, even though I did pass, the passing score I got wasn’t brilliant. So I am using this experience in a positive way to focus my ongoing development in areas in which I need to develop in. It is a shame that the score sheet doesn’t actually tell you the areas in which you got questions wrong so that you can be more focused in that but I have a pretty good idea!
Any Advice for this Exam??
- Read the exam blueprint - it is a shame it is not as detailed as previous blueprints but it guides you to what you need to know.
- Read the linked materials within the blueprint.
- Remember the exam is for vRealize Automation 7.2 and not the latest version - therefore just because something is in the latest version doesn’t mean that’s the answer in the exam…
Blog Categories: VMware VCAP Certification
- PRO TIP: Knowing when to install vRealize Automation 7.x IaaS Prerequisites manually ()
- Replacing the Appliance Management Site Certificate for vRealize Automation ()
- HOWTO: Access the vRealize Orchestrator Control Center when You're #Awesome ()
- HOWTO: Automate the installation of the External Platform Services Controller using PowerCLI & JSON - Part 3 ()
- Running Platypus on Docker with Synology NAS ()