Voting NOW OPEN for top vBlog 2017 at vsphere-land.com
TopvBlog2017 vBlog VMware
Published on 1 June 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 365. Reading Time: 2 mins.
More important in the UK than the upcoming General Election, It is that time of year again when you can vote for your #TopvBlog2017 (created by Eric Siebert at vsphere-land.com and sponsored by turbonomic).
A VOTE for me is… a vote for ME!
I made it onto the short list (albeit you do have to nominate your blog yourself!)As well as the general category, I threw my name in the hat for the following categories:
- Favourite Independent Blogger
- Favourite New Blog
- Favourite Scripting/Automation Blog
Note:. If you can’t find me straight away (and I didn’t either) it’s because I’m under The Cloud Xpert (Christopher Lewis) rather than just thecloudxpert as it seems some extra spaces crept in (which may have been my fault!).
Having only recently started blogging, I’m still finding my feet in terms of the appropriate style and content. However, if you do find or have found any of my articles useful, please vote for my site.
How did I vote?
When voting, I actually found myself not voting for myself in all of the categories above. I based my votes on the sites that I visit the most for answers (either directly or via LMGTFY) or just the blogs I like to read because the content is interesting/useful. Surprisingly, taking that approach meant that I only chose a few in the current top 50.
Who made it to my Top 12?
As you will see in the vsphere-land post, two noticeable absences this year were Duncan Epping (#1 in 2016) and Frank Denneman (#4 in 2016). In my top 12 (and in no particular order) were:
- Virtually Ghetto - William Lam (#2 in 2016)
- Proudest Monkey - Grant Orchard (#93 in 2016)
- Jonathan Medd’s Blog - Jonathan Medd (not ranked)
- Wahl Network - Chris Wahl (#5 in 2016)
- VM to Cloud - Ryan Kelly (not ranked)
- DefinIT - Sam McGeown / Simon Eady (not ranked)
- Blah Cloud - Myles Gray (not ranked)
Who surprised me by not being there?
Two surprising omissions for me were:
- haveyoutriedreinstalling.com (Féidhlim O’Leary) who has some awesome articles on vSphere 6.5.
- open902.com (Michael Rudloff) who has some good content around automation.
See the full article at vsphere-land.com
- PRO TIP: Knowing when to install vRealize Automation 7.x IaaS Prerequisites manually ()
- Troubleshooting a hanging Blueprint Issue ()
- HOWTO: Configure Role Based Access Management in vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 Control Center ()
- HOWTO: Configure a Standalone vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 Appliance ()
- vRealize Automation and Orchestrator 7.3 Released! ()