HOWTO: Configure a vRealize Automation 6 Advanced Services Endpoint for vCenter Server
VMware vRealize Automation vRealize Orchestrator VCAP6 VCAP6-CMA
Published on 7 February 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 230. Reading Time: 2 mins.
This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
In this post we are covering the configuration of the Advanced Services Endpoint for vCenter Server.
- A fully deployed vRealize Automation implementation.
- An external Orchestrator deployment (HOWTO)
Step by Step Instructions
Navigate to and Log into the vRealize Automation Tenant Portal as a Tenant Administration user.
Navigate to Administration > Orchestration Configuration > Endpoints.
Note: You will only get the Active DIrectory plug-in warning if you have already configured that plug-in.
Select vCenter Server from the Plug-in dropdown.
Enter the Name of the endpoint into the text field and (optionally) provide a Description.
Enter the FQDN of the vCenter Server into the IP or host name of the vCenter Server instance to add text field. Leave all other settings as their defaults.
Enter the Username and Password of a user that Orchestrator can use.
Note: The user must be a valid user with privileges to manage vCenter Server extensions and a set of custom defined privileges.
Note: If you have already configured vRO to connect to vCenter using the Add a vCenter Server Instance workflow, you will get an error. You can run the Remove a vCenter Server Instance workflow and then retry.
Blog Categories: VMware Certification VCAP vRealize Automation vRealize Orchestrator
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 6.1: Configure Advanced Service Designer ()
- HOWTO: Configure a vRealize Automation 6 Advanced Services Endpoint for Active Directory ()
- HOWTO: Deploy the vRealize Orchestrator 6.x Appliance for vRealize Automation ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 5.2 - Modify a Blueprint to invoke a Workflow during a Lifecycle Change ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 4.3: Manage Custom Properties and Build Profiles ()