HOWTO: Configure a vRealize Automation 6 Advanced Services Endpoint for Active Directory
VMware vRealize Automation vRealize Orchestrator VCAP6 VCAP6-CMA
Published on 7 February 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 199. Reading Time: 1 mins.
This post is a part of a series of posts for preparation for the VCAP6-CMA Deploy exam. For the full exam prep resources check here.
In this post we are covering the configuration of the Advanced Services Endpoint for Active Directory.
- A fully deployed vRealize Automation implementation.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Once you have created an AD Endpoint it cannot be deleted, only updated.
Navigate to and Log into the vRealize Automation Tenant Portal as a Tenant Administration user.
Navigate to Administration > Orchestration Configuration > Endpoints.
Select Active Directory from the Plug-in dropdown.
Enter the Name of the Endpoint and (optionally) a description.
Note: You can only point the Endpoint to a single AD server.
Enter the following information under** Active Directory Server**:
dc-name.fqdninto the Active Directory host IP/URL text box.
389(no-GC) into the Port text box.
dc=domain,dc=cominto the Root text box.
- (optionally) Select Yes from the Use SSL dropdown.
- (optionally) Enter
@domain.cominto the Default domain text box.
Enter the credentials for the user account to be used to access Active Directory.
And there you have it.
- HOWTO: Deploy the vRealize Orchestrator 6.x Appliance for vRealize Automation ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 5.2 - Modify a Blueprint to invoke a Workflow during a Lifecycle Change ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 4.3: Manage Custom Properties and Build Profiles ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 4.2: Publish a Machine Blueprint to a Service Catalog ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 4.1: Create and Configure vRealize Automation Machine Blueprints ()