VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 2.2 - Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
VMware NSX-V VCAP6-NV VCIX6-NV HOWTO
Published on 30 July 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 214. Reading Time: 2 mins.
Skills and Abilities
Objective 2.2 - Configure and Manage Layer 2 Bridging
- Add Layer 2 Bridging
- Connect Layer 2 Bridging to the appropriate distributed virtual port group
The following prerequisites are assumed for this Objective:
- A working VMware vSphere 6.x environment.
- A working VMware NSX 6.x environment.
The following prerequisites are for Layer 2 Bridging.
- An NSX logical router must be deployed in your environment.
- You cannot use a universal logical router to configure bridging, and you cannot add a bridge to a universal logical switch.
Add Layer 2 Bridging
Note: These steps assume you are not even logged into vCenter Server. Skip the first few steps if you are!
Using your favourite web browser, navigate to the vCenter Server login page (
Enter appropriate User name and Password and click Login.
Click Network and Security.
Click NSX Edges.
Double click the target Distributed Logical Router.
Click the Manage tab.
Enter the Name of the new L2 Bridge.
Click Select Logical Switch icon.
Select the target Logical Switch.
Click the Select Distributed Port Group icon.
Select the target Distributed Port Group.
Click Publish Changes.
Connect Layer 2 Bridging to the appropriate distributed virtual port group
Covered in the steps above.
Blog Categories: VMware NSX NSX-V Certification
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 5.2 - Monitor a VMware NSX Implementation ()
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 3.1 - Configure and Manage Logical Load Balancing ()
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 2.3 - Configure and Manage Routing ()
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 5.3 - Configure and Manage Role Based Access Control ()
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 8.1 - Administer and Execute calls using the VMware NSX vSphere API ()