HOWTO: Generate Self-Signed Certificates in VMware NSX
VMware NSX-V VCAP6-NV VCIX6-NV HOWTO
Published on 6 September 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 179. Reading Time: 1 mins.
This post is a number of posts that make up a VCAP6-NV Study guide.
In this post we will look at how to generate a Self Signed SSL Certificate on an existing VMware NSX Edge Service Gateway (ESG) or NSX Edge. Once generated, the SSL certificate could be used for SSL VPN or Load Balancing.
- A working deployment of VMware NSX.
- A deployed NSX Edge Services Gateway
Generate Self Signed SSL Certificate
Note: These steps assume you are not even logged into vCenter Server. Skip the first few steps if you are!
Using your favourite web browser, navigate to the vCenter Server login page (
Enter appropriate User name and Password and click Login.
Click Network and Security.
Click NSX Edges.
Double-click on the target NSX Edge.
Click Manage > Settings.
Generate the Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
Click Generate CSR.
Enter the CSR information.
Generate a Self-Signed Certificate
Click Self-Sign Certificate.
Enter the Number of days to sign the certificate for.
And thats all there is to it!
Blog Categories: VMware NSX NSX-V Certification
- VCAP6-NV Deploy Exam Experience - Attempt 1 - Fail ()
- VCAP6-NV Deploy - Objective 3.3 - Configure and Manage Additional VMware NSX Edge Services ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX Load Balancing ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX with Dynamic Routing - BGP ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX with Dynamic Routing - OSPF ()