HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Log Insight - Part One
VMware vRealize Log Insight NSX-V HOWTO
Published on 15 July 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 183. Reading Time: 1 mins.
In this series of 3 articles, we’ll be looking at how to configure VMware NSX and vRealize Log Insight together so we get the best possible logging.
In Part One we’ll be looking at How to install the Content Pack for VMware NSX in VMware vRealize Log Insight.
Installing the vLI Content Pack for VMware NSX
Using your browser, navigate to the VMware vRealize Log Insight (
Enter the User name and Password and click Login.
Note: I currently do not have vIDM installed and configured yet (that is a different post) so I will be using the local admin account.
Click the menu icon (next to the logged in user).
Click Content Packs
At the Content Pack Marketplace, scroll down and locate the VMware NSX-vSphere content pack.
Double Click on the VMware NSX-vSphere content pack.
Check the By clicking “Install”, I agree to the terms of any License Agreement included above checkbox.
In Part Two and Part Three, we will look at how to configure VMware NSX to use VMware vRealize Log Insight as a SYSLOG target.
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.5 ()
- Achievement Unlocked - VMware Certified Professional 6 - Network Virtualization ()
- HOWTO: Configure Role Based Access Management in vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 Control Center ()
- HOWTO: Configure a Standalone vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 Appliance ()
- VCAP6-CMA Deploy - Objective 3.1: Configure and Manage NSX Integration with vRealize Automation ()