HOWTO: Configuring VMware NSX Licensing
VMware NSX-V VCAP6-NV HOWTO
Published on 17 July 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 163. Reading Time: 1 mins.
So you have deployed and configured the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance, deployed the VMware NSX Controller(s) and goto Host Preparation and click Install to prepare your hosts. Then you get an error message to say you don’t have the right license… did you forget something?
Adding VMware NSX Licensing to vCenter
Note: These steps assume you are not even logged into vCenter Server. Skip the first few steps if you are!
Using your favourite web browser, navigate to the vCenter Server login page (
Enter appropriate User name and Password and click Login.
Click Add (+)
Enter the License Key for VMware NSX for vSphere and click Next.
(optionally) change the License Name and click Next.
Assign a VMware NSX for vSphere License
Click Assets and click Solutions.
Click Assign License.
Select the new license (i’ve called it NSX for vSphere) and click OK.
There you have it, you have now licensed your VMware NSX Solution!
Blog Categories: VMware NSX NSX-V
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 3 ()
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 2 ()
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 1 ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Log Insight - Part Two ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Log Insight - Part One ()