HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 3
VMware NSX-V VCAP6-NV VCIX6-NV HOWTO
Published on 16 July 2017 by Christopher Lewis. Words: 204. Reading Time: 1 mins.
This is the third of three posts in which we look at how to deploy and configure the VMware NSX Manager.
The posts will cover the following topics:
- Deploying the VMware NSX Manager Appliance Appliance. (HOWTO)
- Completing VMware NSX Manager Initial Configuration. (HOWTO)
- Integrating VMware NSX Manager into VMware vCenter. (THIS POST)
Configuring VMware NSX Manager integration into vCenter Server
Using a browser, navigate to the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance (
Enter admin as the User name and the Password (set during the installation above) then click Login.
Click Manage vCenter Registration.
At the Lookup Service URL, click Edit.
Enter the Lookup Service Host as the FQDN of the VMware Platform Services Controller (if separate from the VMware vCenter Server Appliance). For vCenter 6.x leave the default Lookup Service Port (443), type
email@example.com for the SSO Administrator User Name, type the Password for the account.
At vCenter Server, click Edit.
Enter the vCenter Server FQDN, enter the vCenter User Name and Password.
Click the cog in the right hand corner and click Logout.
And there we have it, VMware NSX Manager has been deployed, configured and integrated into VMware vCenter Server!
Let the FUN begin!
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 2 ()
- HOWTO: Deploy and Configure the VMware NSX Manager Virtual Appliance - Part 1 ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Log Insight - Part Two ()
- HOWTO: Configure VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Log Insight - Part One ()
- Achievement Unlocked - VMware Certified Professional 6 - Network Virtualization ()